Personal Data We Collect
Information Related to Your Interaction with Unite Networking and the Services
Registration and Contact Information
We collect information about you when you (a) register to use the Services and (b) otherwise provide contact information to us via email or through our Services. This information you provide may include your email address, first and last name, organization name and telephone number.
Technical, Usage and Location Information
We collect and retain your Personal Data submitted in an identifiable format for the amount of time necessary to meet your request or fulfill our legal or regulatory obligations, unless it is in the legitimate interests of the Services and not prohibited by law to maintain the Personal Data for longer periods.
Lawful Basis for Processing of Personal Data
The lawful basis under which the Services process your Personal Data is legitimate interests.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about the lawful basis for processing Personal Data.
Sharing Your Personal Data with Third Parties
We do not sell, trade, share or transfer your Personal Data to third parties except in the following limited circumstances:
- We may share your Personal Data when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce a Customer Agreement, including investigation of potential violations thereof, or (c) protect against imminent harm to our rights, property or safety, or that of our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- We may share your Personal Data with third parties (including our service providers and government entities) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security or technical issues;
- We may share and/or transfer your Personal Data if we become involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets; and
- We may share your Personal Data with a third party if we have your consent to do so.
Other Access to or Disclosure of Your Information
Accessing, Changing and Deleting Your Personal Data
To delete this information completely, or to access and change other Personal Data stored about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your email address. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort (for instance, requests concerning Personal Data residing on backup tapes), jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. We may also decline to process requests for Personal Data deletion if:
- we show it to be lawfully necessary to retain that information (e.g. for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller, on the grounds of public interest in the area of public health, for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims); or
Your Personal Data may continue to exist in our backup databases, booking logs and server/analytics logs for a period of no greater than ninety (90) days after your Personal Data is deleted from our primary application database.
In accordance with the Data-Processing Agreements into which Unite Networking has entered with its third-party processors, we will forward the request to erase your Personal Data from any relevant and connected third-party system.
In any case where we provide Personal Data access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Please note that if you cease using the Service or we terminate your access to the Service in accordance with the Agreement, you may no longer have the ability to access or update your Personal Data.
We may retain your Personal Data as necessary to support the Services, comply with our legal obligations or resolve disputes. Note that content you supply through transactions (such as booking titles and notes) may remain on the Services even if you cease using the Services, if we delete your Personal Data, or we terminate your access to the Services.
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. We maintain a variety of appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your Personal Data. We limit access to Personal Data about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Further, we have implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect Personal Data. When you enter sensitive information (such as your password), we encrypt that information in transit using industry-standard Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology.
No method of transmission over the Internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You have the responsibility to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Data by selecting and protecting your login information appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser, for example by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.